Every modern business relies on connectivity, but business owners can’t be expected to be experts themselves when it comes to understanding and selecting the right service to suit their company’s needs. If you’re in the market for an Internet or Ethernet solution and don’t know where to start, take this one-question quiz. Your answer will direct you to a service option that may best address your business’s network service needs.
Which of the statements below most accurately describes your current situation?
- Not only is our business growing, but our employees are increasingly working remotely. We need to scale up in a cost-effective way that will support our mobile workforce no matter where they are.
- We’re in an area prone to floods. One hard rain storm and our whole network could be sunk.
- We want to connect our two offices so they can file-share and access applications quickly and seamlessly. We need a service provider that can offer scalability and security for our connection, but we have a great IT department that can take it from there.
- Our organization has offices all around the city that need to share data reliably, but because they are all different sizes, each location has its own unique needs.
- We’re looking to save money and improve access to time-sensitive data by consolidating our multi-location business LANs into one WAN.
The following list provides the best service for your business. Each of the numbers below corresponds with the numbered answers above. For instance, if you selected answer one, then the first scenario listed below will be the solution for your business needs.
- Consider an IP virtual private network (VPN). This service will allow your workforce to access the network from various offices and remote locations with the assurance of security regardless of how employees choose to connect. IP VPN is easily scalable, and leverages existing infrastructure and applications to minimize your company’s growing pains.
- A disaster recovery Internet solution will help to secure your at-risk network. Whether you’re in a high-risk geography or industry, disaster recovery solution provides the tools you need to ensure hasty recovery of your network in the event of a catastrophe. Such a service may provide customers with redundant hardware, advanced routing protocols to diversify circuits, bandwidth on demand and partnership with a cloud-based data center to back up proprietary information you cannot afford to lose.
- Your business will best benefit from an Ethernet Transport Service, a point-to-point solution which features convenient scalability from 10 Mb/s to 100 Gb/s, as well as the security of a private network. At the same time, it lets your own team control the configuration of application routing, management and prioritization without sacrificing 24/7 support in the event your IT personnel need backup.
- Metro Ethernet is your ideal service. Metro Ethernet has the range to cover all your locations across a metropolitan area so that each separate LAN can share large amounts of data. This service enables customization for each location.
- A virtual private line (VPL) will be the best fit for your organization. Not only can consolidating your network help cut costs, but a 24/7 monitoring team will help to optimize your IT budget.
Now that you’ve taken this quiz, you probably have a better idea which Internet or Ethernet service might benefit your organization best. No matter the direction you decide to take, your first step should be to find a knowledgeable service provider that will work closely with you to determine how best to leverage these solutions for your business needs.